Shopping During Lockdown + Win £100 in Shopping Vouchers
With the current lockdown situation making grocery shopping a nightmare I wanted to create a post that could help those of you that are struggling. In this post I’m going to share my top money saving tips to help you to cut the cost of your weekly spend. Offer some advice on making your trip to the supermarket as stress-free and safe as possible. And I’ve teamed up with some of the UK’s best money bloggers to offer a chance to win £100 worth of shopping vouchers.
Save Money on Your Groceries
Supermarket prices on ‘essential’ items have risen by an 8% in the past month, with pet food, rice and vegetables seeing the biggest increase. Since the lockdown restrictions were put in place the average household spent an extra £63 on food shopping. Keep the cost of your grocery bill down by following my top money saving tips below.
- Don’t shop on an empty stomach. When we’re hungry our survival instinct kicks in and we go in search of high sugar foods. Meaning that we end up buying more junk food than we usually would. Hunger also increases what we’re willing to pay for food.
- Do your online shopping through a cashback site. When you shop through a cashback website such as TopCashback, they earn a commission for referring you to the retailer. They then give this commission back to you!
- Claim supermarket freebies. Lots of shops offer freebies from time to time to entice you to buy something new. Shopmium is my favourite app for free food! There’s a whole range of freebies and discounts on offer from your local supermarket. Claim a free tub of Ben & Jerry’s when you download the Shopmium app.
- The price doesn’t always indicate quality. Expensive brand-name products aren’t always the best quality. Give the shops own version a try and see if you can tell the difference (you usually can’t).
- Discount codes. Make sure to check for discounts when doing your shopping. Work for the NHS? A lot of companies are currently offering special discounts for NHS staff.
Have a Safe and Stress Free Shopping Trip
Important note: If you have a medical condition which means you’re classed as being clinically extremely vulnerable you can access further support. Register on the government website to see if you’re eligible for a weekly box of basic supplies and priority for supermarket deliveries.
Grocery shopping can be stressful at the best of times, but there are steps you can take to make the process as safe and as stress free as possible. Here are some tips to help you get through your weekly grocery shop.
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other shoppers at all times. Youre at the greatest risks when you’re in contact with people at close range.
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home. This needs no further explanation.
- Stay off your phone during your shop. I’ve seen people with gloves on touching their phone as they shop (your phone can carry germs too).
- Don’t touch anything that you don’t intend to buy. Again, no further explanation needed.
- Try to plan out your shop beforehand. This will help you to get in and out as quick as possible.
First prize is a whopping £75 voucher. A runner up will receive a £30 voucher. Both vouchers will be for supermarkets of winner’s choice. Prize will be e-vouchers for supermarkets with home delivery and gift cards available (Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, and Iceland) subject to availability.
Meet the Bloggers
All of the lovely bloggers listed below have contributed towards this giveaway prize. Make sure to check out their blogs via the links below. Many of them have giveaways, money saving offers and freebies available too!
Pounds and Sense|Mum on a Budget|Life in a Breakdown| Mummy & Me x 2|Prize Warriors|Katie Saves Monethalia| Whimsical Mumblings| Life with Lianne | Soph Obsessed|Binancially Inclined Two Plus Dogs| The Free From Mummy|The Financial Wilderness Frugal Living UK| Savvy in Love|The Thrifty Freckles
Jera’s Jamboree| Mummy Vs Work| Welsh Mum Savvy Squirrel| Create Joy Everyday| Marina Writes Life Budgeting for Students | Savvy in Somerset| Earning by the Sea | Life with Jupiter and Dann| Mrs Mummy Penny| Joanna Victoria Budget Life| Money’s on the Mind| Broke in Bristol Reality in Reverie| Maternity Money |Drewmies | Brit on a Budget| Charlotte Musha| The Bloglancer| Stapos Thrifty Life Hacks| Your Best Life Advice |Looking After Your Pennies|Pet Dog World
There are lots of ways to enter the giveaway. Login below to claim up to 164 enteritis. The giveaway ends ends on the 31st May and will be announced publicly. Good luck!a Rafflecopter giveaway